My Collections

Friday, March 24, 2017

Project Life: 2017 (January and February)

Hey y'all! I'm finally sharing my 2017 Project Life plans with you today! They're long overdue, I know. I mean, this is the end of MARCH! Anyways. Better late than never. :)

This year I'm going waaaaay more simple than in years past. This is a big change for me, but I'll explain why. 

First of all, I love Project Life. If there were no Project Life, I would have no place to put my everyday photos of good deals I find or those oh-so-important (said sarcastically) snapshots of my Dunkin'. I have done PL in 2013, 2015, 2016, and now 2017. All of my past albums are complete except last year's. I'm going to say that last year's album is 2/3 of the way done. And that is part of the reason I'm going simple this year. I HATE being behind on projects. If I would have started documenting this year in the same creative way that I have in years past, I would be SO behind. There's a lot of thinking that goes into considering page designs or which photos need to be what size-- much less the actual creative process of documenting. It wasn't going to happen. 

So here's what I'm doing.

I'm using a black 6x8 Handbook from Studio Calico. I have had it for... maybe 2-3 years. I've kept it in the package, so it's a new album. 


Here's my intro page-- the only part of this album that will look this decorative. I used the January Citrus Twist Pocket Life kit "Oliver" to make this page. There were a lot of new year themed products in the kit, so I used some of those on this page. 




Annnnnnd here's what my album is looking like this year.


I'm using the app called Collect to add the text and date to the photos on my iPhone (I usually only use my iPhone for PL photos). The images that the app exports don't look high quality, but when they're 3x4's like this, I think I can handle it. :) I like that the app knows the date of the photos so I don't have to go back and add that to all my photos! I like having the date visible on the photo cards so that in the future, I won't have to guess.

I'm going to print my photos probably mostly at Walmart. And that is because of the convenience. I love using better quality photo places like Persnickety Prints, but I can't bear paying like twice as much per photo PLUS paying shipping. I don't really like the quality of Walmart photos, but alas. I'm too cheap to do anything else right now since with Project Life, you print like 20 photos a month. That can add up quickly of it's $0.30 a photo!



I'm liking how simple it all is. I will add in filler cards as needed, but probably not much journaling as that is on the photos. 



Finally used up this Studio Calico card! Yay! 


I was really torn to begin with when I thought that I wouldn't get to be creative with this album. I REALLY love working on my Project Life pages. But then again sometimes when I do it year-to-year, I feel like my pages start looking the same. This time it'll be something different! I really wanted to document Kevin's and my first year of marriage. This way I get to do that! Plus I have comforted myself knowing that I still have that 2/3 of last year's album to work on. I can have some creative fun with that. :) 

Overall, I love the simplicity of it all. It's growing on me. ;)

What are your plans for documenting this year? Do you do Project Life?


No comments: