My Collections

Monday, March 27, 2017

Refound Faves: Open Book


Today I'm sharing my FAVORITE layout that I made for this Refound Faves series! It's funny... this collection isn't really one of my favorites (if there was WHITE instead of off-white in this collection, I'd probably like it more... anyone else not like off-white in scrapbooking products??), but the page that came from using this collection is one of my FAVORITE layouts! 

I think I used this collection because I have a LOT of it leftover. Like, I have the 6x6 paper pad (most of it) plus the almost-untouched sticker sheet and chipboard sheet. There's a LOT left. I do still like it though. I mean, vintage florals? C'mon. You can't get rid of those! 


So here's my layout I made with this collection:


This page started out as total blah. I hated where it was going, and changed my idea half way through. Originally, I was going to just layer strips of patterned paper (all from he 6x6 paper pad) horizontally all down the page, but I HATED how it looked. I had already cut the papers, so I changed routes and decided to layer all the papers that I had already cut behind the diecut negative of the word "love". So it kind of grew from there. I machine stitched around all the letters in the "love", which adds such perfect texture to the page. 


That paint behind the photo cluster is supposed to be metallic gold, however it's showing up a little dark in these photos. 


I think these butterflies floating on the page make this layout PERFECT. I like that they add some movement to the otherwise blocky-designed page. 



But seriously. This is my favorite layout that I created for this series. And I like ALL of them that I made. :) Which one was your favorite? 

1 comment:

GLOANN said...

Love this layout. Probably my favorite, too.

Haven't been able to comment recently. When I clicked on Verify, it just kept giving me one set of pictures after another. This morning on today's post I just skipped that and clicked on Publish. Worked!