My Collections

Monday, March 20, 2017

Refound Faves: Everyday Eclectic


The collection I'm using today has ALWAYS been one of my favorites. Seriously. I think I've went through two collection packs of this Everyday Eclectic line by Allison Kreft for Echo Park. And I still love it. It's kinda crazy when I look at it because it's not really my "style" or even what I like in graphic design, but man, it still has my heart. 

This collection specifically I only had scraps left over (small ones, like smaller than 4x6's), so I decided to use a cut file and back it with the patterned papers. I used the Color Wheel cut file from 17 Turtles and diecut the circle out of a larger patterned paper that I had from the collection (the ONLY large pattern I had, so I didn't have much choice. lol) I don't normally diecut the shape from patterned paper as well as back it with patterned paper, but hey-- it actually turned out ok! Going out of my comfort zone here. :)


Basically every layout I make now is of Kevin and me. :) 


FYI, the title is a free cut file from Paper Issues, You can find it HERE


One of my favorite details of this page is the machine stitching. I stitched all around the wheel shape. I think it adds the PERFECT touch. 


Something else I don't normally do is journal in a color other than black! But this marker matched perfectly, so I had to use it. :) Plus, I think if I would have used black, it would have drawn the eye to it, and with it being lighter, I think you look at the focal diecut cluster more. 



I'm saving the best for last, so be sure to check back next week for the last installment of Refound Faves to see my favorite project I've made using my old favorite products! 

3 comments:

Ashley H said...

This is one of my all time favorite collections too. I love how you used up the last bits - I think the cut file backed with patterned paper looks great!

craftykellyj said...

I seriously lobe this layout so much!I don't remember this collection, but I love how you used it. I agree, the cut file looks great in the patterned paper. xoxox

MarLeah Beverage said...

Ooo! I love the layout! And you two look super cute and sunkissed! :):)