My Collections

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Welcome to the Sketch Blog Hop!

Woo hoo! Welcome to my stop on the blog hop! If you haven't come here from Shanon's blog, then go back to Amanda's blog and start hoppin' from there.

Ok- now that we've gotten that part out of the way, I get to show you my layout I made from Amanda's awesome sketch! My little sister, Laura, and I love to dress up, and we hadn't done it for a while so we did it and had a little mini photo shoot. You can totally tell Laura is more photogenic than me! Haha! (Well, I think she is anyway...) Laura's the one with the pink flowers.

For this layout, I just got some papers that I thought coordinated together, and used them! I rarely do that, so I'm very proud of myself for stretching my creativity and NOT being OCD about all the papers matching "exact!" :D Enjoy my page--



Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Teresa Collins, Cosmo Cricket, My Mind's Eye; Mist: Tattered Angels; Letter Stickers: BoBunny; Pen: American Crafts; Other: pom pom trim, flowers, brad






And of course, this wouldn't be complete without a giveaway! I have a special CK magazine, 2 sets of AWESOME American Crafts Thickers (one chipboard, the other foam) and then a Cosmo Cricket Blackboard album. All you have to do is leave a comment and for an extra entry, become a follower of my blog! If you are already a follower, leave a comment telling me that too! :) I will draw a winner on Sunday morning August 21, 2011 and post the winner here.

And now you need to head on to Mandi's blog! I'm sure she has some awesomeness ready to show you!


28 comments:

okanogangirl said...

Wonderful colors & patterns!

Amanda Johnson said...

Very cute! I love the pom pom trim!

MJ's Kraze said...

Cute layout. I see we both used the pom-pom trim.

Shanon said...

Really cute! I am working hard on adding more colors and patterns onto my projects as well! I have always struggled with that but am finding it a little bit easier each time I do it.

Auntie Em said...

Your LO is so fun and colourful and totally suits the photos. I love the pompom trim on the bottom border.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Already a follower! :)

Unknown said...

great layout - love the stitching you added!

blsd2scrp said...

love the embellishments that make this LO shine! thanks for sharing! kelly

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Love the color combinations! Total give the layout the fun and wacky feeling to go with the fun and wacky outfits :) Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

You and your sister are just TOO cute! I am glad that you two are close:) Love the different elements and the pom pom trim!! Already a follower of course!

Moongirl said...

Very fashionable! Really it makes sense that you would throw together different patterns and colors for a fashion LO.

Moongirl said...

And I follow you :)

Snips and Snails said...

This is really cute! I love all of it. I'm a follower.

Devra said...

You are so talented! I'm a follower now!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Cute pics and the feel of the layout is perfect! Good job!

Ashley Horton said...

This layout is so cute Heather!! I love the papers you chose and the way you overlapped the journaling strips just a little bit, is so fun!! I have been a follower for a while!! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very cool!! Love the colors and the fun photos!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and using the black and white of the picture background with the black and white base sheet. The black brads gave the impression they were coming from the black and white paper.

GrammaChurch said...

Super cute layout! Love the pompoms! It's great to be able to play dress-up with your sister - what a fun way to spend the day.

bfran55 said...

Super cute page! I love the bright colors. I am already a follower.

Caroleb said...

Loved your LO & I just became a follower.

DanaMK said...

Very fun layout! Love the colours and the pictures. I have to say how much I love your printing - it's so pretty!

DanaMK said...

Oh, and I'm a follower. ;)

Jolinda Hall said...

Hi, I just became a follower. I love this page, the stitches are so nice, I love stitching lately, thank you for sharing your page.

suzeyq said...

I already follow your blog! I think the pics of you and your sister are both awesome. Cute LO!

Steffanie said...

Love this layout with the softer color scheme and the touches of black---fabulous!

Steffanie said...

Already a follower! :)

Laurie said...

I'm a follower! I love your pictures and how you "colored" the flowers--great job! You did an excellent job in matching your papers.

Jackie said...

love that ribbon.....nice colours